What is ODFL4Us ?
- Access the ODFL4s.com ESS system onlinewith a username and password
- An email address is required at thetime of sign up
- Only current employees are allowed toaccess the ODFL4us service
- Any questions about the service canbe directed to the Help Desk at (855)862-9514.
- The Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL for short) was founded by Earl and Lillian Congdon with only one truck in thearsenal.
- The firm is based in Thomasville,North Carolina, USA and has annual revenues over 2 billion US Dollars. Operates 5 business operations that include:OD-Domestic, OD-Expedited, OD-People, OD-Global, Household Services andOD-Technology.
- ODFL4us is in tough competition withmajor players in the shipping industry to include FedEx Freight Corporation andCon-Way Freight Inc.
- Old Dominion Freight is the proudowner of more than 6,000 tractors and 27,000 trailers.
- Any immediate company concerns wouldbe directed to the Old Dominion human resource department (i.e. time off, payissues).
- The ODFL4us is easy to use and the service works with MicrosoftInternet Explorer versions 8, 9, and 10, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari iOSversions 7 and lower.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required
- A free download for Adobe AcrobatReader is available
- Old Dominion Freight Line classifiedas a transportation firm founded in 1934 can be found on the NASDAQ stockexchange under ticker symbol ODFLus.com
ODFL4us Employment Opportunities
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Old Dominion Freight Line offers benefit programs that help its employees stay healthy, meet their financial goals, develop theircareers, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Odfl4us are committed to their employees’ health, safety and wellness because it is the right thing todo. They recognize that their needs will vary throughout their career and thebenefits provide the flexibility to tailor the options at every stage in life.
Benefit eligibility varies according to employment status.
The OD health insurance program provides medical,dental and vision insurance coverage which is both comprehensive andaffordable. The medical insurance program offers a choice between two preferredprovider organization (PPO) plan options that can be used nationwide. Coveragefor eligible employees will begin after 60 days of employment. OD paysapproximately 80% of the cost for our odfl4us.com registered employees’ medical coverage.
The dental insurance provides for routine care, basic and major services, and children’s orthodontia. The vision insurance typically covers 100% of the charge for annual eye exams and provides a set dollar amount that can be used for eyeglasses or contacts.
They are also a partner with United Healthcare tooffer well-being benefits to our odfl4us registered employees and their families such as Quit PowerTobacco Cessation and the Healthy Pregnancy Program.
They believe that the best type of health insurance is a healthy lifestyle.
- Financial Security
All odfl4us employees are eligible to start contributing tothe 401(k) program after 30 days of employment. The program includes a generouscompany match and a wide range of investment options to help reach retirementgoals. Basic term life insurance is provided to eligible employees at no costto them and they may choose to purchase additional supplemental life insuranceon themselves and their dependents.
Their goal is to offer competitive base and variable pay programs for the exemplary employees they attract and hire. Their benefitspackage further complements their compensation program by offering a variety ofvaluable benefits for employees and their families.
- Work Life Balance
Eligible odfl4us employees receive paid time off that includesvacation days (based on years of service), holidays and sick/personal time.They also offer an additional paid day off as a “birthday holiday” and whodoesn’t love some extra attention on their birthday? Leave time is extended for approved periods of time away from work based on an employee’s own medicalneeds, family members’ medical need, military service or other circumstances.
Available to eligible employees and family members, the Employee Assistance Program provides confidential assessment, referral and counseling services.
- 401K Plan
“It’s not a true match. They advertise 6% match, but it’s only a 3% match on the actual 6% you contribute.”
- Health Insurance
“Great benefits for health. Easy to find a doctor within network and get an idea of what the costs are”
- Vacation & Paid Time off
“When I started there was not paid time off until a year of full time employment. They switched to hourly paid time off. I was 7 on 7 off so I did…”
- Health and 401k pretty decent. Paid time off is ok, wish it was more. You get your birthday day off.
- Healthcare is solid. Other than that meh. 401k is NOT anywhere close to other places I have seen. No other real reason to be invested in the company. Also, if you wanted to ship freight NO employee discount, but we give other big companies like 60-70% off rates?
- They make sure to keep you well taken care of and in the loop about what the benefits that they provide are
- 401 k match is nice, healthcare affordable, vacation time adds up quickly. Cannot rollover time. Overall very good. Always busy.
- No deductable, low cost for employee. Hard to find doctors in network in smaller communities. Dental coverage isn’t very good.
- Best is discretionary match with 401k
- It is comparable to every other jobs I have had previously. Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, etc.
- The whole benefits package is middle of the road. The best thing is the 401k match. The guaranteed match is standard 30% of the first 6%. The discretionary match is good based on the company profits there is a bonus match that brings the whole employer contributions up to 70% based on 6% of pay.