South West Airways was founded in 1967 by Herb Kelleher as Air Southwest which is the world’s largest low cost airplane of United States. South West Airways has been headquartered in Dallas, Texas, United States. The company is having around 55,000 employees working with them and during the sneak peek season they are operating around 4,000 departures per day. South West Airways are providing their services to 100 places within the United States and to 10 international places. The company is not only focusing on the benefits of their customers but the company is providing benefits to their employees as well. South West Airways have created an online portal named as SWAlife for the employees so as to provide them easy access to all the benefits provided by company.
SWAlife Retiree Login Page :
The portal has been created by South West Airways only for the employees of the company. This portal is providing very easy access to the employees regarding their job schedules, insurance plan, retirement plan, health saving account, employee stock purchase, holidays, travel privileges, training, and job opportunities. One is allowed to use this site from a computer and a smartphone as well. The site www.Swalife.com is considering the hard work of the employees and as consideration each employee is receiving certain percentage of profit which is depending on the pay scale of employee.
How To Operate SWAlife Retiree Account:
- First of all visit to the official site of SWAlife at www.Swalife.com.
- Then to log in enter credentials like users ID and password. SWAlife users ID and password will be provided to the employee by the HR department of the company at time of requirement.
- Once employee gets logged into his/ her account, the employee is allowed to change the password and for doing so one is required to go to the option of Forgot password.
- Now after selecting the option of forgot password employee is required to follow the process as being instructed by the web portal.
- And next time while logging in to the account the employee is required to provide this new password.
- In this portal even the retried officials of South West Airways are having access to the web portal www.Swalife.com, for direct login of retired officials “retiree login” must be selected.
Benefits Of SWAlife Login Page:
- Medical benefit plans: As per the plan opted by an employee a certain amount is deducted from the employees salary every month so as for the medical coverage plan. Medical coverage plan is including the treatment charge and prescription medicine benefits as well. The plan is including various health related plans such as vision coverage, dental coverage, Short term disability, Long term disability, Accidental dental and Dismemberment, Flexible spending account, Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Employee assistance program: employees and their family members are having access on free counseling so as to help them to balance their work and day to day life.
- Retirement plan: This plan helps an employee to save for their retirement by 401 (k) plan and that is a pre tax contribution. The employees are allowed to check and choose the most feasible plans from the broad range of investment schemes.
- Profit sharing: South West Airways is the first airlines who are offering profit sharing plan to their employees. As a consideration employees receives certain percentage of profit, this percentage varies in between 1% to 16%.
- Stock Purchase Plan for Employees: if an employee is working in the company for more than six months, then the company will allow that employee for purchasing South common stock at the discount of 10%.
- Commuter Benefits: The plan is including pre tax saving of money for the transportation charges like regional rail, bus, streetcar, subway, ferry, trolley, and the vanpool.
- Holidays: every employee is allowed for 10 holidays in one year, out of which one holiday can be taken by employee whenever wanted.
- Travel Privilege: employees of South West Airlines receives the benefit of unlimited air tickets of SWA. For this plan employee’s parents, children below 19 are eligible. An employee also enjoys the benefit of pass agreement for the other companies airlines with the discount on hotel, rental car and theme parks.
- Basic life insurance: in this an employee can get insurance coverage which is equal to their salary. An employee is also allowed to opt for that plan which is 10 times of there salary if the employee is having an option to choose that plan.
- Other available benefits: and it includes many other benefits also such as child and elder care, car and home insurance, supplemental hospital insurance, adoption assistance etc.
How to apply for jobs at SWA:
- Visit to the official site of SWA and select the option of APPLY NOW.
- The link will direct an user to the official career page of SWA, here the user is required to mention the category, location and the type of position he/ she wants.
- If there is any job available according to the users selected criteria he/ she will be shown the job description from where one can get complete information and so if user likes the job just apply for it along with a resume.
South West Airways (SWA) is known as the world’s largest airlines who are charging a very low cost from their customers. The company is not only concerned about there customers but they are concerned about there employees also. For the employees of their company they have created a web portal SWAlife. In this web portal an employee is allowed to get logged in and to access all the benefits that are being provided to them by the company. And for getting logged in this portal a person is mandatory to be an employee at South West Airways, the employees can get their login credentials from the HR department of the company. It is very joyful for a person who is working in the company as an employee, as they know that they are working in the world’s largest airways and are getting various benefits too. And through the web portal the company is just helping their employees in every possible way they can.